Outlined in this document are the key challenges facing businesses in 2022 and the credit and collections industry trends we believe will be seen as businesses position themselves to overcome them.
UK Debt Collection Industry Report: Key Trends for 2022
- About Us
- About Barratt Smith Brown
- Challenging Economic Landscape
- Short to medium term business challenges
- Long-term business challenges
- Impact on Credit Management Teams
1. Increasing consumer and commercial defaults
2. Move away from traditional siloed operating models
3. Increased digital transformation
4. Greater automation
5. Growing focus on customer outcomes.
6. Greater outsourcing
- About Us
Author: Ashley Barratt – CEO Barratt Smith Brown
Leicester based Barratt Smith Brown, has established a strong reputation for providing market-leading debt collection support to the utilities sector. Leveraging CEO Ashley Barratt’s 15 years of experience at Centrica, they have not only provided outsourced support to key industry players such as Business Stream, Bristol Energy and Shell, but have taken a lead role in managing collections for UK energy administration collections – handing over 75% of energy administration cases since 2018. Their expertise in energy administrations led to their key role in helping The Citizen’s Advice Bureau develop their Supplier of Last Resort – Good Practice Guide.